If there’s a need to receive lots of emails and advertise your address publicly
you probably need to setup spam filters and
imap inboxes. Setting up an own imap
server would make sense for companies with 20+ people on board.
Using gmail as a frontend client is more reasonable if you have a small team. GMail will filter spam and keep your correspondence in one place while your team can use own brand.
1. Connect POP3 account to Gmail
Gmail Settingsand select
Accounts and importview
- Click on
Import mail and contactsand enter your email address.
- Then enter your mailbox password and press continue
- Gmail will try to retrieve emails from your inbox and this mailbox will be added to your gmail.
2. Connect SMTP account to Gmail
- Return to Gmail settings view and click
Save email as:->
Add another account. Then input your password and check
Now you can use Gmail instead of email client.